[Topic] AgileTrack Version 1.2.0 (Beta 1) Released

It has been a long time since the last release. I'm sure some have wondered if development has ceased. Development has been admittedly slow since the last release, but good progress has been made. The 1.2 AgileTrack versions will have some important improvements in the data layer and the focus on the database has prevented other minor improvements from being released. The objective has been to complete the database improvements and then focus on a number of interface enhancements during the 1.2.x series.

At this point, the database improvements are mostly complete, though a few UI changes are still needing to be made and some additional testing and cleanup is needed. However, I believe things are stable enough to release the current 1.2.0 development build as a beta release.

I won't include a complete run down of all changes, but here are some changes to note:

• Issues can be assigned directly to releases
  • History records are revamped in preparation for better reporting
  • Time estimates for sub-tasks can be automatically summed to create the parent time estimate (Enable in System Configuration)
  • Impediment issue types are added
  • Organization project types are added
  • Custom data fields can be added to issues, projects, releases, iterations, and users
  • Issue summary data (time tracking) is stored differently and should improve general performance
  • Various UI improvements and bug fixes

For those interested in trying it, the beta release can be downloaded in a zip file here or a tar.gz file here (only the client is available).

• Please keep in mind, that a significant database update will be necessary, and you should back up your database before attempting the update. The update should be safe (though you will not be able to return to use 1.1.x versions after the update), but please backup your data just in case.

The biggest remaining updates that still need to be finished before the 1.2.0 official release are project and issue dependency tracking. The final enhancements should be completed within a week or two and the official release will be shortly after. If anyone tries the beta and encounters and problems, please report them. If there are any questions, please use the forums. Thanks.

—Posted by Adam Lane on Jun 18, 2008

Hi Adam,

I have downloaded the version 1.2.0
I would like to test this new version with the files of the version 1.1.4, but I don't find the way of upgrading the database.

I am using HSQLDB.

Best regards,
Antonio Jimenez

—Posted by Antonio on Jun 23, 2008 at 4:53:39 AM

The database upgrade will happen automatically when you log in with the new AgileTrack version.

You will be prompted that your database is version is old and that you may update it now. Just to be safe, I recommend you make a backup of your existing database files before doing the update.

—Posted by Adam Lane on Jun 23, 2008 at 7:25:23 AM

That is I expected.

In fact, when I run the application, it asks if I want to do the conversion.
I respond yes, but when I run the application again, it asks again if I want to do the conversion and so on.

Regards,
Antonio Jimenez

—Posted by Antonio on Jun 23, 2008 at 9:02:59 AM

I suspect something went wrong with the update then. There may be some log output that could help with this.

If possible, I'd suggest restoring from your backup copy of your database and get ready to try the update again. Then, clear out any log files in the agiletrack directory (agiletrack.log, agiletrack-info.log). Then, retry the update.

The log files should contain the results of the update attempt. Then, if you could post the log, hopefully it'll show the problem.

Otherwise, maybe I could have you email me your database and I could work on it directly. Thanks.

—Posted by Adam Lane on Jun 23, 2008 at 10:10:12 AM

Hi Adam,

There are two updated log files. agiletrack-client.log and agiletrack-info.log

Maybe you like its by email? Let me know.

Regards

—Posted by Antonio on Jun 24, 2008 at 1:13:32 AM

Go ahead and email those to me: adam (at) agiletrack (dot) net

—Posted by Adam Lane on Jun 24, 2008 at 7:08:58 AM

You may post a reply to this topic, but you must be logged in. If you already have an account, you may login now. If you need to create an account, you may also register now.